Friday, September 16, 2011

Nothing to Eat

Walk into the kitchen, check the refrigerator. Check the cabinets, check the pantry... Nothing to eat. An hour later when my stomach reminds me that, that last time I checked the kitchen- I didn't actually feed myself. My mind has a moment of realization. And then my stomach chimes in on anticipation. Ah the connection. The connection of mind and body... if only that connection had a hand on my soul.

I check the refrigerator. This time I check the freezer as well, maybe I missed something... nothing. Nothing but the cool breeze that touches my face. Some recognition. My soul feels the similarity of the temperature and reconciles with it. Ah, the sweet breeze that I feel every time I open the freezer door. It reminds me of whenever I reach inside myself, empty, cold, dry. I check the rest of the storage in the kitchen. Nothing is different from the last time. Why I keep checking, I do not know.

Once more, I lift my hungered, weak body from the computer chair, hoping to find some food. I walk into the kitchen but forget to turn on the light. This hunger that I experience has touched my mind. I try to roam it to see if I can prove that the hunger did not just kill off all my brain cells. I feel a little safer because the very act of this tells me it did not. Yet fear rises in me. It is dark, just as the kitchen, just as my cold soul. I check the refrigerator, I check the freezer, I check the cabinets, and I check the pantry. Wait! There is light. I go towards the ball of light and cradle it in my arms. You shall revive my mind, body, and soul. You are my future.


    I really hope you guys understand this cause its obviously meant to be metaphoric. I didn't not plan on writing this (just as most of my other writings) I simply wanted to add a new post. Hope your hungry.

2 comments: